Update: November 29, 2022
The Settlement Administrator sent emails to consumers who did not cash their second distribution check on November 27, 2022. Consumers have the opportunity to request a check reissue, update their address or select a PayPal payment instead of a check. The deadline for consumers to request their second distribution payment is December 27, 2022.
Consumers should Claim their Payment here and log in using their claim number and PIN from the email they received.
Consumers who already cashed their second check should disregard this message.
If you have questions about the Prepaid Phone refund program, please call the Settlement administrator, Analytics Consulting LLC toll-free at (855) 312-3327 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Court Ordered Notice
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
If you had a Straight Talk, Net10, Simple Mobile, or Telcel America “Unlimited” Mobile Service Plan, you may be entitled to a cash refund from a class action settlement.
A federal court authorized this notice. This isn’t a solicitation from a lawyer and you aren’t being sued.
- A settlement has been reached in four class action lawsuits about “unlimited” mobile service plans from Straight Talk, Net10, Simple Mobile, and Telcel America.
- The lawsuits claim that Straight Talk, Net10, Simple Mobile, and Telcel America advertised “unlimited” data plans, but then slowed or cut off data service, or terminated all services, for some customers. The defendants in the case are TracFone Wireless, which owns those four brands, and Wal-Mart. TracFone and Wal-Mart deny all liability and deny that they have violated any laws. The Court hasn’t decided whether TracFone or Wal-Mart did anything wrong.
- As a result of the settlement, TracFone has agreed to pay $40 million to a settlement fund. Eligible consumers will be able to file claims for cash refunds TracFone also has agreed to improve its advertising and customer service as part of the settlement.
- You may be eligible for a cash refund if you file a claim. Further details about whether you qualify and how to file a claim are provided below in this notice.
- Your legal rights are affected whether you act or do not act. Read this notice carefully.